Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chelsea Galleries Field Trip 5

The trip to Chelsea in Manhattan was a fun experience because we got to analyze different pieces of artwork physically and emotionally. One of the galleries that stood out to me the most was the Tanya Bonakdar Gallery. This gallery had very creative artwork, and if I was to choose a painter to buy from it would be Phil Collins. The pieces of artwork that stood out the most were the two mini vans that had a home inside it called, This Unfortunate thing between us and the recording studios. I found these artworks to be creative because you could actually walk into the car and the studio. This is a good investment because when you think of artwork, you only think about the aesthetic emotion to it when you see it on a wall. But when you get to touch it and walk into it as well, it's a whole different level. If I bought his artworks, I would display it, so I could myself could go into the artist's work. 
Another gallery that I got to see was the Paula Cooper Gallery. Two pieces of artwork I choose from this one was a painting from Sol Lewitt named Complex Form and a artwork named Painted Wood. This pieces were the least that stood out to me because I didn't get an emotion when I saw them and I didn't really understand their meaning. I like artworks that are colorful and give me a good mood instead of leaving me confused and indecisive. This isn't a good investment because I believe there are better artworks that people would prefer to buy. 

Tanya Bonakdar Gallery 
Phill COLLINS
This Unfortunate Thing Between Us
2011
Two channel video installation presented in caravans, color, sound

Phill COLLINS
my heart's in my hand, and my hand is pierced, and my hand's in the bag, and the bag is shut, and my heart is caught 
2013

Paula Cooper Gallery
Sol Lewitt
Complex Form
1987

Sol Lewitt
12 X 12 X 1 TO 2 X 2 X 6
1990

No comments:

Post a Comment